Are you looking for cheap train tickets to Cardiff? Split ticketing could be the answer.
Image credit: Nick Fewings | Unsplash
Located on the south Wales coast Cardiff is the capital city of the Principality and it's just a two hour train journey from London. Trains leave from London Paddington every 30 minutes and if you depart on a Friday morning and return on Sunday evening Trainsplit have found a split ticket saving of £60.94.
Image credit: Grooveland Designs | Unsplash
If you're a sports fan Cardiff Central station is perfectly located with rugby and football at the Principality Stadium and 1st class cricket at Sophia Gardens just a short walk away. You can find great savings on the train journey to Cardiff by booking a split ticket with Trainsplit.
The exterior of Cardiff Castle might be around 2,000 years old but step inside and you'll find a grand Victorian interior with a mixture of decorative styles.
Image credit: Shengpengpeng Cai | Unsplash
A short hop from the city centre of Cardiff you'll find Mermaid Quay. Located in the heart of Cardiff Bay with over 30 restaurants, bars and cafes a comedy club and the 5 screen Everyman boutique cinema. It's also the base for the Millenium Centre the home for the Arts in Wales and Aquabus - Cardiff Bay's waterbus service.
If you're looking for some fresh air then head to Bute Park with its acres of green space that run along the banks of the River Taff.
Did you know that Trainsplit can also compare your rail and car journey and calculate the emission savings? Book through Trainsplit and we'll also do their best to find you a split ticket saving.
The Trainsplit app makes it easy to find cheaper alternative journeys through split ticketing.
The app is available on both iOS and Android devices. Just search for "Trainsplit" in your app store and download the app today.
If you are looking for a great place to visit in the UK, Cardiff is a great option. It has something to offer everyone, from history lovers to culture vultures to nature lovers. So what are you waiting for? Book your trip to Cardiff today!
1. Visit Cardiff Castle - This medieval castle is one of the most popular tourist attractions in Cardiff. It has a rich history dating back to the 11th century, and it is now a popular spot for events and concerts.
2. Explore Cardiff Bay - This waterfront area is home to the Cardiff Bay Barrage, the Wales Millennium Centre, and a number of other attractions. You can walk, bike, or boat around the bay, or visit one of the many restaurants or bars.
3. Go shopping in the city center - Cardiff has a wide variety of shops, from high-street stores to independent boutiques. You'll find everything from clothes and souvenirs to food and drink.
4. Visit the National Museum of Wales - This museum houses a collection of over 600,000 objects, including art, history, and natural history exhibits.
5. Take a walk through Bute Park - This beautiful park is located in the heart of Cardiff, and it's a great place to relax and enjoy the outdoors. There are also a number of walking and cycling trails in the park.
6. Catch a show at the Millennium Stadium - This iconic stadium is home to the Welsh national rugby team, and it's also used for a variety of other events, such as concerts and football matches.
7. Sample the local food - Cardiff has a vibrant food scene, and you'll find everything from traditional Welsh dishes to international cuisine. Be sure to try some Welsh cakes, a type of griddle cake made with oats and butter.
Welsh cakes | Image credit: Llio Angharad | Unsplash
8. Take a day trip to the Brecon Beacons - This national park is located just outside of Cardiff, and it's a great place to go hiking, biking, and camping.
Brecon Beacons | Image credit: Julia Zolotova | Unsplash
9. Visit the Rhondda Valley - This former coal mining valley is now a popular tourist destination, and it's home to a number of historical sites and museums.
10. Learn about Welsh history and culture - Cardiff is a great place to learn about Welsh history and culture. There are a number of museums and historical sites in the city, and you can also take a Welsh language course.
The Trainsplit app is more than just a way to save money on train travel. It's a great way to explore new places and meet new people.
Are you looking for cheap train tickets to Cardiff? Split ticketing is a great way to save money on your journey. Here are 10 tips to help you get the best deals:
By following these tips, you can save money on your train tickets to Cardiff.
Remember, if you have any questions about train travel or need assistance, feel free to reach out to our team. We're here to help you plan a memorable journey.